Pool Rules for Patrons
PARKVIEW POOL RULES FOR POOL PATRONS
Pool rules, policies, and procedures are subject to change.
This is a family facility owned and operated by Mayfield Village. Loud, obscene or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Persons creating a disturbance or otherwise being a nuisance to the staff or other patrons of Parkview Pool will be asked to leave and/or may be subject to arrest. Mayfield Village reserves the right to revoke, temporarily or permanently, the pool privileges of anyone creating a disturbance at Parkview Pool.
- Please take the time to read through these policies and rules. They will answer many of your questions pertaining to admissions, pool use, and rules.
- Proper identification for any pass or single admission purchase must be shown. The identification must show a picture and proper address (Village, school district, or Progressive ID). If no ID is shown, a General Admission may be purchased. The number of daily general admissions is limited.
- Parkview Pool passes may be purchased by residents of the Mayfield School District which is comprised of Gates Mills, Highland Heights, Mayfield Heights, and Mayfield Village. Progressive Insurance employees may also purchase individual or family passes. Individuals that work in Mayfield Village are eligible to purchase Individual passes after following the proper guidelines. A Family Pass is available for up to two adults, related by blood, marriage or adoption and any children or foster children under the age of 25, all of whom live together in a dwelling unit. For school or college-age children to be listed on a Family Pass, a report card or other identification showing their name(s) and the dwelling unit address will be required.
- The privilege of bringing guests to the pool is reserved only to Parkview Pool pass holders and Mayfield Village residents (upon presentation of proper ID showing a picture and Mayfield Village address). Other than Village residents, daily single admissions do not have the right to bring guests. Pass holders must be present for entry of guests and shall remain on premises. Pass holders are responsible for the behavior of their guests.
- Parkview Pool reserves the right to limit the number of guest admissions purchased per pass holder.
- D. cards and/or season passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For pass holders and school district residents, only children 5 years of age and under are admitted into the pool free of charge, and must be accompanied by a parent or adult who swims and remains in the water and on the deck with the child. The adult must wear a swimsuit.
- Pool patrons must be familiar with and follow all pool rules and regulations.
- Pool privileges will be denied to anyone who willfully breaks the rules, endangers, or disturbs others.
- Valuables should not be brought to the pool. Mayfield Village and the pool personnel will not be held responsible for loss of personal property.
- Lockers are obtained on a first come first serve basis.
- Taking videos and photographs without an individual’s permission is prohibited. Taking photographs of minors without parental permission is not permitted. Pool staff reserves the right to question anyone taking photographs or videos within the facility.
- No smoking, eating, or chewing gum is permitted in the locker room. No smoking is permitted ANYWHERE on pool property except in the designated smoking area outside at a picnic table on the north end of the parking lot.
- The use of cell phone or other electronic devices are prohibited within the locker rooms or restrooms
- It is strongly encouraged that patrons shower before using the pool.
- Patrons with open sores or other visible skin problems will not be permitted to use the pool facilities. In cases of eczema or other non-contagious skin eruptions, a written statement from the physician is required.
- Unruly conduct will not be tolerated within the pool facility.
- Waiting or loitering in the entrance or dressing area is not permitted.
- Glass is not permitted in the pool or locker room areas.
- Pool patrons are permitted to bring in beach bags containing appropriate pool items (ex. Reading material, sun lotion, personal items, etc.). Parkview staff and Mayfield Village reserve the right to inspect any bags or containers brought into the facility. Parkview Pool and Mayfield Village are not responsible for lost or stolen personal property
- Goggles may be used by all patrons. In order to prevent injury, goggles are not permitted on the slide or the diving board.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- No glass containers are permitted within the facility.
- All food and drink must remain in the concession area or on the grass. Water is permitted on the deck plastic or non-glass containers.
- Properly fitting U.S Coast guard approved flotation aids (lifejackets) are permitted. Pool staff will check flotation devices for the U.S. Coast guard seal and proper fit.
- Inflatable flotation aids or toys are not permitted. Management reserves the right to prohibit items and activities for health and safety reasons.
- Proper attire is required. A swimmer may be requested to leave if his/her attire is deemed not appropriate by Parkview management.
- T-shirts are permitted in the water.
- Profane language will not be tolerated.
- No one under the influence of intoxicants will be admitted or permitted to remain on premises.
- Walk at all times. Running invites accidents and endangers others.
- Pool patrons are not permitted to visit with lifeguards.
- Behaviors deemed unsafe by management or lifeguard staff are not permitted. Follow and obey lifeguard directions.
- Never jump over, on, or near a swimmer in the water.
- No swimming is allowed under the diving board or in the immediate diving area.
- Non-swimmers and poor swimmers must use the shallow ends of the pool. The pool management reserves the right to test swimmers to determine eligibility as a deep-water swimmer.
- Lap lanes are reserved for lap swimmers. During busy times swimmers may be asked to share lanes. Recreational swimmers should not cross through the lap lanes.
- Diving is not permitted anywhere in the main pool.
- Patrons need to meet the height requirement. To use the slide a person must be 48 in tall.
- You are to lie on your back the entire trip down the slide with your arms crossed.
- No chaining (one person at a time).
- Wait for the slide attendant’s permission to go.
- Exit the water at the bottom of the slide immediately via the nearest ladder.
- Patrons are not permitted to stand at the bottom of the slide to catch someone coming down the slide.
Rest periods (Safety Breaks) are on the top of the hour and are 15 minutes in duration. It is recommended that during these breaks, sunscreen is reapplied, liquids are consumed and younger children use the restrooms.
- At the announcement of rest period, all swimmers must leave the water immediately and remain out until it is announced that the pool is again open.
- Adults may swim during this break.
- Adults may also take children ages 5 and under (no more than two to an adult) into the water during the rest period.
- No Hypoxic training is allowed. (Hyperventilating and holding one’s breath under water.)
- AT THE SOUND OF AN AIR HORN, PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS INDICATES AN EMERGENCY. Please follow all directions given by pool personnel.
- Any acts that could be a threat to the safety and welfare of pool patrons and guests or in any way interfere with the proper operation of the pool may result in the suspension of one’s pass.
Deep Water Swimming and Swim Test
Children under the age of 18 must successfully pass the deep-water swim test in order to use the diving well. If the water is above a swimmer’s shoulders while standing in the main pool lifeguards may require a swimmer to pass the swim test.
The deep-water tests consists of jumping in deep water (diving well) and swimming two widths of the pool. Successful completion of the swim test will result the patron’s name being recorded and a wristband will be issued to identify to the staff that they have deep water privileges. Pool patrons must bring and wear the wristband at all times.