BRENDA TEDESCHI BODNAR
Mayor, Mayfield Village, Ohio
- Elected in November 2015 ( first term 2016-2019); re-elected in November of 2019 (second term 2020-2023)
- Community Statement: Mayfield Village enjoys both an engaged, committed electorate and a sound, responsible business base. Collaboration among our private and corporate citizens has led to many positive changes which have enhanced our Village and given us first-class amenities, while allowing us to retain our essential character of quiet confidence. All of this came about through proactive planning, hard work and dedicated leadership.
- Key Accomplishments: Grove Amphitheater bandshell; Community Room (community center); Parkview Inclusive Playground; expanded services and programming; drainage and infrastructure projects; economic development and business assistance during pandemic; Civic Center improvements (in progress).
- Previously served as Chair of Mayfield Village Citizens Advisory Committee and Civil Service Commission
- Cleveland State University, BA in Communications 1981 Summa Cum Laude
- CSU Cleveland Marshall College of Law, JD 1984 Magna Cum Laude
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Ohio and U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Practicing attorney for 38 years, currently at Sirvaitis Law, LLC
- Experience includes profit and nonprofit business and individual transactional work; negotiation and drafting of contracts, commercial and residential leases; negotiation of business financing; trial and appellate advocacy
- Homeowner in Mayfield Village since 2001
- Married to Paul Bodnar since 1985
- Two daughters: Karin Bozak (Engineer Project Manager in Spaceflight Systems at the NASA Glenn Research Center) and Kristina Bodnar (Attorney-Advisor at U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Cleveland Field Office)
- Two granddaughters: Leona and Kaira Bozak