Records - April 24th 2013
Records Commission Meeting
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 12:00 p.m.
Mayfield Village Civic Center
Attending: Mary Beth Betsa, Cheryl Garinger, Donna Heath, Susan Jerome, Maura McKinley, Patsy Mills, Nancy Plastine, Janice Reale, Jean Vitek and Danielle Echt.
Introduction: The meeting was called to order at approximately 12:30 p.m. Jean said that Maura McKinley’s name was missing from the attendance portion of the March Minutes. Nancy asked for approval of the March 6, 2013 Minutes. Cheryl made a motion to approve them and Jean seconded. All in attendance approved.
Revisions to Records Retention Schedules
- Mary Beth said she received revised departmental schedules from the Law Department, Recreation Department and Police Department. Everyone else should be working on their schedules. Hopefully by the next meeting, the master schedule can be approved and forwarded to the Ohio Historical Society.
- Susan asked if she needed to put purchase orders on the Service Department schedule and Mary Beth said they are duplicative so they could just follow the schedule on the Finance Department’s retention schedule.
- Cheryl asked about the Fire Department’s timesheets because she usually keeps a copy. Mary Beth said the Finance Department has the original so keeping the copies are UNLAN.
- Cheryl asked about the program EMS Charts. She said that when Chief Mohr did it he used to print a hard copy. The program is now internet based so is a hard copy necessary? Mary Beth asked if it is on the retention schedule as “electronic”. Cheryl said she wasn’t sure but the records have to be kept electronically and not on the Mayfield Village server. Cheryl said the schedule can be revised to say electronic. Mary Beth asked what would happen if EMS Charts goes out of business, would the Fire Department receive the records back? Cheryl said she will check with other communities.
Off-site Storage Update
- Mary Beth said there is no report.
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Patsy asked if it would be an 8:30 a.m. start and Mary Beth said yes. She said Cintas will bring two employees.
Public Records Policy Revisions
- Mary Beth reported that there were none.
Status of Public Records Requests
- Mary Beth reported that presently the police department is responding to a request. Also, another note was received requesting information on how to become a police officer and they also wanted a Parks and Recreation Brochure to be mailed. She said it is not a records request though. The brochure was forwarded and the remainder of the request was sent to Chief Edelman.
Legislative Updates & Electronic Records
- Mary Beth said she attended some seminars recently and there is some legislation on the horizon but it would be best for Diane to report on it at the next meeting.
- Mary Beth said she will pass information about the seminars on to Council and she will copy the committee. It includes some information about electronic records.
- Mary Beth said she RSVP’d for anyone interested in attending the House Bill 9 training at the Civic Center on May 24. She said that individuals should have received confirmation via email.
- Mary Beth said the Mayfield Village Records Commission was complimented recently at one of the seminars. Other communities are impressed with our recordkeeping and minutes.
- The meeting concluded at 12:48 p.m.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 12:00 p.m. at Wiley Park Pavilion
Danielle M. Echt