Rec Board - March 20th 2013
Mayfield Village Parks & Recreation Board Meeting
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Attending: Pat Andrzejczyk, Paula Conte, Peggy Kerver, Meg Stifler, Bill Thomas and Danielle Echt.
Introduction: Meg called the meeting to order at approximately 7:08 p.m. She asked for approval of the February 20, 2013 Minutes as written. Peggy approved and Paula seconded. All in attendance approved. Meg mentioned that volunteers were needed for upcoming special events. Danielle said she would contact the committee via email and would also have the sign-up sheets at the next meeting.
Restrooms at Softball and Soccer Fields
- Bill said administration is working on gathering information such as cost. Bill said he will keep the committee in the loop as more information is given to him.
Senior Program Updates
- Bill said the programs are going well.
- An Open House at the Community Room is scheduled for Friday, June 28. The Community Partnership on Aging will be there as well as other Mayfield Village departments.
- Bill said that the 6 month trial membership with the Community Partnership on Aging went well and the Village entered into an annual contract for 2013.
Easter Party (Saturday, March 23, 1:30 – 3:00 p.m., Community Room)
- Meg asked if Patsy and the Garden Club could provide any sort of flower arrangements for the pictures by the bunny. Danielle said she would check but she was pretty sure they weren’t doing silk arrangements for the pancake breakfast this year and there isn’t a lot of notice for them to put anything together for the party.
- Danielle said the lattice from the pancake breakfast will be available to use as a backdrop for the pictures.
- Danielle asked the committee if they prefer donut holes or pizza for the party. She said the notes last year said they tried pizza but a lot was left over. The committee members agreed on donut holes since the party takes place after lunch.
- Danielle said Rick Smith Junior will be there to perform but he has to start close to 1:30 p.m. so he could be done by 2:00 p.m. as he had another commitment to get to. Peggy said Luke could help pack up his supplies so he could leave quickly.
- Danielle said Swifty was already booked but another balloon clown will be there.
- Danielle said that most of the tables and chairs needed to be put away after the party because there is a rental on Sunday. Peggy said her husband and son could help.
- Danielle and Meg reported that everything was ready for the party.
- Bill said there might be some concern with the weather and having the egg hunt outside. The committee members agreed to play it by ear that day.
Meg said that committee members could come by the Community Room on Friday to help decorate. She said she would be there around 4:00 p.m. Danielle said she would send out an email to the committee members reminding them that volunteers were needed for decorating and the actual party.
Debbie Hudacko Walk/Run
- Bill said that he is working on securing sponsors for the walk/run. He said he has gotten burned in the past and he will be sure they are committed prior to publishing the flyer.
- Bill said the Village is looking at replacing outdated metal curbing at Parkview Playground. He said it is now a safety issue and the curbing will be replaced with a rubber curb.
- Aquaseal will be installed at the pool at the play area. It will cost $22,000 and will replace the Poured-In-Place. Aquaseal will also reseal the preschool turtle area and Parkview Playground.
- Parkview Pool will be sandblasted and repainted for $58,000. It will include primer and two coats of paint.
- (2) 500 gallon tanks will be purchased to hold liquid chlorine at the pool.
- Bill reported that Stivo previously inquired about lighting along the path. Bill said at this time Mayfield Village is not planning on lighting the path because they would like to have people use the path in daylight and not encourage walking when it is dark due to safety concerns.
- The meeting concluded at 7:33 p.m.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 7:00 p.m. at the Civic Center
Danielle M. Echt,
Assistant Recreation Director