Join Your Neighbors to Celebrate the
Diversity of the Hillcrest
Region on June 21st—
International Yoga Day!
Just like the science of physics explains gravity—which has the same meaning all over the world and works on everyone the same regardless of their age, gender or beliefs—the science of yoga is universal. It is available to all and works on everyone the same! It is the science of attaining internal peace through breathing techniques and physical workout routines, devised many thousands of years ago in ancient India!
In 2014, the United Nations unanimously voted to declare June 21st as an International Day of Yoga. This date, which is shared by the Summer Solstice, is now celebrated all over the world, including New York’s Times Square!
Mayfield Village is proud to host its own outdoor Yoga Festival for the Hillcrest region as well as neighboring suburbs!
When: Wednesday, June 21st, 2017
Where: Mayfield Village Community Room/6621 Wilson Mills Road
- 6 to 7 pm/ Group Yoga (on the lawns near the gazebo)
- 7 to 7:30 pm/A discourse on the Universality of Yoga by Sudarshan Sathe
- 7:30 to 8:30 pm/Indian Food, music, and dance!
FREE EVENT - OPEN TO ALL!
Group Yoga is for all age groups—youth, adults, and seniors—everyone is welcome!
Come, work out and celebrate international yoga day with us!
Space is limited so register now:
- Click this link: Online Registration
- Click 'Register for Activities'
- Click Programs
- Click '2017 Adult Activities'
- Call the Recreation Department at 440.461.5163 if you have any questions.
The first 100 registrants will receive a free yoga mat!
For more information, sponsorship or volunteering opportunities, contact Sandeep Dixit @ 216.926.6696 or the Parks & Recreation Department @ 440.461.5163.