A RESOLUTION THANKING AND CONGRATULATING
MAYFIELD VILLAGE FIREFIGHTER JOHN D. LISY
FOR OVER THIRTY-TWO YEARS OF DEDICATION AND SERVICE
ON BEHALF OF MAYFIELD VILLAGE
WHEREAS, on July 14, 2016, Firefighter John D. Lisy will be retiring after many years of faithful service.
WHEREAS, on September 19, 1983, John D. Lisy joined our Mayfield Village Fire Department.
WHEREAS, John D. Lisy was one of the original full time members of the Fire Department. Since that time, the Department went from one full-time firefighter on duty to three full-time firefighters and one part-time firefighter on duty per shift.
WHEREAS, the following highlights some, but not all, of John Lisy’s many achievements while serving as a Mayfield Village Firefighter:
- Received the cardiology award upon graduation from Paramedic class for being the top student in the class.
- Served as a Telemetry Technician at Brentwood Hospital monitoring 32 telemetry patients which involved interpreting patient heart rhythms and notifying physicians of any rhythm changes. Also served in the EKG Department, with the responsibility of obtaining 12 lead EKG’s in all areas of the hospital.
- Participated in a study in with Physio Control dealing with the lifesaving heart drug t-PA.
- Authored an article on the benefits of t-PA and 12 lead EKG’s selected for publication in “In Sync” by Physio-Control/Redmond, Washington giving credit to Mayfield Village, Hillcrest Hospital and John D. Lisy.
- Awarded a diploma from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for attendance at a Child Passenger Safety Technician class. Mayfield Village became one of the first communities in the area to offer child car seat safety checkups. John Lisy served all the neighboring communities while this service was instituted. Presently, Mayfield Village has child car seat technicians available on all shifts to continue this valuable service.
- Certified for The Emergency Vehicle Drivers Training Program. Instituted driver’s training refresher and driving rodeo for all members of the Fire Department for the purpose of driving larger vehicles in different driving simulations that were non-emergency in nature. These classes are presently held on a yearly basis.
WHEREAS, John D. Lisy’s professional and personal service is hereby acknowledged. His commitment and dedication as a Mayfield Village Firefighter should be commended.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE COUNCIL OF MAYFIELD VILLAGE, OHIO, THAT:
John D. Lisy be and is
hereby recognized for his over thirty-two (32) years
of dedication and tireless service to Mayfield Village.
SECTION 1. The Village of Mayfield, its Mayor, Council, residents, employers, employees and officials wish to thank John D. Lisy for many his years of dedicated service on behalf of the Village and congratulate him on his retirement.
SECTION 2. The Council finds and determines that all formal actions of the Council relating to the adoption of this Resolution have been taken at open meetings of this Council; and that deliberations of this Council and of its committees, resulting in such formal action, took place in meetings open to the public in compliance with all statutory requirements including the requirements of Section 121.22 of the Ohio Revised Code.
SECTION 3. The Clerk of Council is hereby authorized and directed to prepare duplicate original copies of this Resolution. One such original shall be presented to John D. Lisy. The other original shall be placed in the permanent records of the Village as a lasting tribute to John D. Lisy.
SECTION 4. This resolution shall become effective upon its adoption by Council and the signature of the Mayor, or as may otherwise be provided by law.
RESOLUTION ADOPTED: July 17, 2016