Finance: November 16th 2015
MINUTES OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
Monday, November 16, 2015 – 7:30 p.m.
Main Conference Room – Mayfield Village Civic Center
The Finance Committee meeting was held on Monday, November 16, 2015, in the Main Conference Room at the Mayfield Village Civic Center. Mr. Saponaro called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Present: Mr. Saponaro, Mr. Marrie and Mr. Marquardt
Also Present: Mrs. Mills, Mr. Williams, Mr. Wynne, Chief Edelman, Mr. Thomas, Chief Carcioppolo, Mr. Marrelli, Mr. Metzung, Mr. Esborn, Ms. Wolgamuth, and Mrs. Betsa
1. Discussion of a motion to authorize an expenditure in the amount of $7,350 to Denten HVAC Services LLC for installation of HVAC system to the second floor of the Fire Department.
Mr. Saponaro stated, we discussed this at Caucus. Is there any further discussion or questions? There were none.
The Committee recommended Item #1 for approval.
2. Discussion of a motion to authorize an expenditure in the amount of $13,331 to Bella’s Remodeling for remodeling of the second floor of the Fire Department.
Mr. Saponaro stated, this was discussed at Caucus. Is there any further discussion or questions? There were none.
The Committee recommended Item #2 for approval.
3. Discussion of a motion to authorize execution by the Mayor and Finance Director of Extension Agreement with James G. Zupka, CPA, Inc. for annual audits from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2018.
Mr. Saponaro stated, this was discussed in Caucus. Any further discussion or questions? There were none.
The Committee recommended Item #3 for approval.
4. Discussion of a motion to authorize expenditure in an amount not to exceed $7,040 to Aristotle Design Group to install one row of stone seating at The Grove.
Ms. Wolgamuth stated, this was not on the Caucus agenda. It was mentioned in Garry’s report. The pricing came in very late. If Council is not inclined to vote on it tonight, we can push it to next month but since the pricing was available, I put it on the agenda.
Mr. Saponaro stated, everyone had an opportunity to look at this. Does anyone have any questions that they want to go over? The Aristotle Design bid was for $6,040 plus a $1,000 contingency. The next lowest was from F. Buddie Contracting at $12,705. When would this be completed?
Ms. Wolgamuth replied, by the end of the year. They said they could do it by the end of December.
Mr. Marquardt stated, it says January.
Mr. Saponaro stated, late December, early January. Any questions? Do we know what it is going to look like?
Ms. Wolgamuth referred to the sketch. Douglas, can you describe the stone?
Mr. Metzung replied, it’s square on the tops and sides. I will try to get a photo on my phone.
Mr. Marquardt stated, that’s going to affect the sledding.
Ms. Wolgamuth stated, that’s been a discussion. Most of the sledding is directed towards the sides of the hills because it’s a little steeper there.
Mr. Saponaro asked, any further questions? There were none.
The Committee recommended Item #4 for approval.
5. Discussion of a motion to authorize the deposit of $85,000 into an escrow account to reimburse ODOT for any contingency quantities expended for the SOM Center Road Resurfacing South Corporation Line to Wilson Mills Road Intersection.
Mr. Saponaro referred to the November 11th letter from the Engineer. Are there any questions?
Mr. Marquardt asked, did ODOT do the estimating on this?
Mr. Metzung replied, we went out together. As far as the quantity goes, it’s mutually agreed upon. It’s high. There is 100 foot of curbing that we can see needs to be done. The rest of it we can’t tell. We walked it and came up with a percentage number.
Mr. Marquardt asked, it should be a safe number?
Mr. Metzung replied, yes.
Mr. Wynne asked about putting the money in escrow.
Mr. Metzung replied, he said he would send another contract for it, but I don’t know.
Mr. Wynne stated, okay, I will ask Tom about it at the Council meeting.
Mr. Saponaro asked, we need the escrow agreement to approve that or no?
Mr. Wynne replied, I think we can still approve the motion.
The Committee recommended Item #5 for approval.
6. Discussion of a motion to acknowledge receipt of financial reports for October, 2015 and to approve of same as submitted.
Mr. Saponaro asked, any questions for Ron? There were none.
The Committee recommended Item #6 for approval.
7.Discussion of the First Reading of Ordinance No. 2015-30, entitled, “An Emergency Ordinance levying special assessments for the improvement of Eastgate Drive and Meadowood Drive between certain termini by constructing sanitary sewers, sanitary sewer service connections and manholes, installing where necessary, force mains and storm sewers, and replacing, where necessary, pavement and driveway aprons, altogether with the necessary appurtenances thereto.” Introduced by Mayor Rinker and Council as a Whole.
Mr. Saponaro stated, this has been reviewed. Are there any questions?
Mr. Marrie asked, leave it on First?
Mr. Wynne replied, no, I would like that passed this evening. We are required to send the notice out to residents immediately upon passage.
Mr. Saponaro asked, are there any further questions? There were none.
The Committee recommended Item #7 for approval.
8. Discussion of the First Reading of Ordinance No. 2015-31, entitled, “An Emergency Ordinance authorizing and directing the Mayor and President of Council to enter into an economic development grant and incentive agreement between the Mayfield Community Improvement Corporation, Mayfield Village, Ohio, and Mars Electric Co.” Introduced by Mayor Rinker and Council as a Whole.
Mr. Saponaro stated, this went to the Community Economic Development Committee. We discussed this as well. It has made its way. There was no huge stopping points. There were some good suggestions and language changes to make sure it is location specific so companies know they have more than one location and payroll is only from this one and some other clarifications addressed for not only this agreement but future agreements. Is there anything else we need to discuss on this? Any questions? There were none.
The Committee recommended Item #8 for approval.
9. Discussion of Resolution No. 2015-14, entitled, “A Resolution for resurfacing SOM Center Road (SR-91) from south corporation line to Wilson Mills Road by the Ohio Department of Transportation as part of a larger State project involving preventative pavement maintenance on various routes and sections in the District.”
Mr. Saponaro stated, this is required as part of the expenditure we discussed in Item #5. Are there any questions or discussions? There were none.
The Committee recommended Item #9 for approval.
10. Discussion of Resolution No. 2015-15, entitled “An emergency resolution designating certain financial institutions as depositories for interim funds of Mayfield Village, Ohio for the five (5) year period commencing with January 1, 2016, and authorizing depository agreements with said institutions.” Introduced by Mayor Rinker and Council as a Whole.
Mr. Saponaro stated, this is something that Ron needs. Are there any questions? There were none.
The Committee recommended Item #10 for approval.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
Mr. Saponaro asked, anything else?
Ms. Wolgamuth stated, you probably noticed we removed the Civic Center signage from the agenda. We met again with Jim McKnight. We are looking at resizing and downsizing it some. We will bring that back probably next month.
Mr. Saponaro asked, any further matters? There were none.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 7:45 p.m.
Mary E. Betsa, Clerk of Council