Finance - July 15th 2013
MINUTES OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
Monday, July 15, 2013 – 7:30 p. m.
Main Conference Room – Mayfield Village Civic Center
The Finance Committee meeting was held on Monday, July 15, 2013 in the Main Conference Room at the Mayfield Village Civic Center. Mr. Delguyd called the meeting to order at 7:32 p.m.
Present: Mr. Delguyd, Mr. Marquardt and Mr. Marrie
Also Present: Mr. Wynne, Chief Edelman, Interim Chief Carcioppolo, Mr. Dinardo, Mr. Thomas, Ms. Wolgamuth and Mrs. Betsa
1) Discussion of a motion to authorize the sale by Mayfield Village of the following vehicles:
- 1999 Chevy Pick-Up (Red) (Includes tool box and plow) – Model 1GCGK24F3XF071798 - $3,101.00
- 2004 Harley Davidson Road King Motorcycle (White) - Model 1HD1FHW154Y718571 - $3,381.00
- 2003 Ford Taurus (Black) Model 1FAFP53U33A204765 – $355.00
- 2003 Ford Taurus (Grey) Model 1FAFP53U13A204764 – $355.00
Mr. Delguyd asked, any comments?
Mr. Wynne replied, when these came in last week I went on Kelley Blue Book to get a feel of the value of what these vehicles were. With the exception of the pick-up truck, the bids on the other items are really really low. We might want to consider rejecting the bids for those three and then looking at some kind of e-Bay auction type set up.
Mr. Delguyd stated, I am looking at the Ford Tauruses for $355.00, do we have any other Ford Tauruses in our fleet? Other ones? Mr. Wynne replied, just one. Mr. Thomas added, it’s a 2006.
Mr. Wynne stated, Mike Schaeffer is the mechanic over at the Service Department. I spoke to him about the Ford Tauruses. The blue book on one of them is $1,900 and the other one is about a grand. Mike commented that the one Taurus that has 130,000 miles on it needs about a couple grand worth of work.
Mr. Delguyd asked, is it worth it for us just to keep it for parts? Mr. Wynne replied, no. I think we should look at some other avenue at selling.
Mr. Marquardt stated, it seems awfully cheap for the Harley too. Mr. Marrie asked, isn’t that really low for a normal Harley? Chief Edelman replied, Kelly Blue Book values it at $8,000. That’s with average miles. It has 12,000 miles on it. It should be worth a lot more than that. We have sold cars that we seized on e-Bay in the past.
Mr. Marrie stated, we don’t want to give the motorcycle away for $3,300. No way.
Mr. Delguyd asked, okay, so we will vote to reject the last three and accept the first one? Is that what your recommendation is? Mr. Wynne replied, yes.
Mr. Delguyd asked, reject everything but the pick-up? Mr. Wynne replied, yes.
The Committee recommended the sale of the 1999 Chevy Pick-Up but did not recommend the sale of the remainder of the listed vehicles in Item #1.
2) Discussion of a motion to authorize going out to bid for Senior Snow Removal program for 2013-2014.
The Committee recommended Item #2 for approval.
3) Discussion of a motion to authorize expenditure in an amount not to exceed $25,000 to Aintree North Homeowners’ Association for Aintree Sidewalk Replacement Program.
The Committee recommended Item #3 for approval.
4) Discussion of a motion to authorize expenditure in the amount of $74,643.00 to Wichert Insurance Company for the renewal of the Village’s General Business Insurance for the time period 7-1-13 to 7-1-14.
Mr. Delguyd stated, this was talked about at the last meeting. It is budgeted. Mr. Wynne replied, we actually budgeted $80,000 for the year.
The Committee recommended Item #4 for approval.
5) Discussion of a motion to acknowledge receipt of financial reports for June 2013 and to approve of same as submitted.
The Committee recommended Item #5 for approval.
6) Discussion of the First Reading of Ordinance No. 2013-12, entitled, “An ordinance to provide for the issuance and sale of $1,900,000 of notes of Mayfield Village, Ohio, in anticipation of the issuance of bonds for the purpose of acquiring certain real estate together with the existing buildings and other structures located thereon and any related equipment and certain other real estate for recreational purposes, improving the parks and recreation system of the Village by acquiring certain real estate, constructing and lighting ball fields, together with the necessary appurtenances thereto, and otherwise improving that system, and conserving, preserving and enhancing the availability of open spaces in the Village by acquiring land or interests therein, and declaring an emergency.” Introduced by Mayor Rinker and Council as a Whole.
Mr. Delguyd asked, all that is stating is that we are just refinancing the bonds? Mr. Wynne replied, yes. That verbiage is all from the original years ago. This will need to be passed this evening. We are working with bond counsel.
The Committee recommended Item #6 for approval.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
Mr. Delguyd asked if there were any other matters.
Mr. Wynne asked that the tax budget be added as an item on this agenda.
7) Discussion of the First Reading of Ordinance No. 2013-11, entitled, “An Emergency Ordinance adopting a tax budget for Mayfield Village for the Tax Year 2014.” Introduced by Mayor and Council as a Whole.
Mr. Wynne stated, this will need to be passed this evening also.
The Committee recommended Item #7 for approval.
Mr. Delguyd asked, any other matters? There were none..
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:40 p.m.
Mary E. Betsa, Clerk of Council