CAC - April 29th 2013
Citizens Advisory Committee
April 29, 2013
The Citizens Advisory Committee met on Monday, April 29, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. at the Mayfield Village Civic Center.
Brenda Bodnar (Chair), Kay Phillips, Lorry Nadeau, Steve Jerome, Joan Catalano, Mary Singer, Shirley Jay, Merv Singer, Bob Haycox
Sandy Batcheller, Joe Doran, Marilyn LaRiche-Goldstein, Carole Marrie
Tom Marrie, Council Representative
Diane Wolgamuth, Director of Administration
Approval of Minutes:
The Committee approved the Minutes from the February 25, 2013 meeting, as written.
Mr. Marrie provided an update on Council matters, including:
- The Library Grand Opening was held on April 20th and he thinks the building is beautiful. The Library estimated that approximately 4,000 people came through that day.
- The Police Department held its first concealed carry class at the firing range and the Village has received many letters and compliments on the program. Additional classes are being planned and include testing and certification.
- Parkview Pool is receiving improvements and repairs for the coming season.
- The Independence Day Fireworks are scheduled for June 29.
- The Kenwood neighborhood road improvement program began today.
- There are several new tenants on Beta Drive and the East Commons and Governor’s Village projects continue to move forward.
- The Highland Road sidewalk will be completed this year.
- Pancake Breakfast, Cruise Night, Shred Day and the Memorial Day celebration are all coming soon.
Mrs. Singer provided a Memorial Day update. Approximately 4,000 flags will be placed at Whitehaven, Mt. Sinai and Union cemeteries on Saturday, May 25 at 8:30 a.m. A young lady from Mayfield High School will be singing the national anthem.
Update on The Grove:
Steve Jerome provided the Committee with an update on the activities of The Grove Committee. He discussed the plans for the Open House on June 22 and described the programs that the Committee hopes to schedule later in the summer.
Mr. Haycox asked if the canopy over the stage and the stone seating are definitely going to happen. Mr. Jerome stated that they are just ideas at this point. The drainage work, path to the stage and pavers in the stage area are being planned for this year with electrical work in 2014.
The Committee discussed the possibility of moving the Gazebo concerts to The Grove or possibly adding more concerts to the summer schedule. Mr. Marrie stated that he believes that The Grove Committee has done an excellent job and he thinks installing seating would be marvelous. Mr. Jerome stated that the Committee is working to show that the site can be used for more than just concerts. Mr. Jerome added that Jim McKnight has been very good at taking the Committee’s ideas and coming up with product.
Ms. Bodnar reminded members that the next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 28 at 7:00 p.m. Ms. Wolgamuth has arranged for the meeting to be held at the new Library and will see about arranging for a brief tour. The Committee members should plan to meet there. The Committee adjourned at approximately 7:00 p.m. to attend the Town Hall meeting regarding finances being held in Reserve Hall.
Director of Administration