Cemetery - Mayfield Union
Mayfield Union Cemetery is the original cemetery established in 1847 for the four communities of Gates Mills, Highland Heights, Mayfield Heights, and Mayfield Village. These four communities were once united as the Mayfield Township. In 1994 the financial operations were incorporated and a board of trustees representing Mayfield Village, Highland Heights and Mayfield Heights were appointed.
The Cemetery is located in Mayfield Village on Wilson Mills Road between Interstate 271 and S.O.M. Center Road (Route 91).
The last burial in the Cemetery was in August 2009. To the best of knowledge there are possibly one or two available sites for burial but are held by family members. Records from the Cemetery were stored at the Mayfield United Methodist Church in Mayfield Village. A fire in 1950’s destroyed some the records. The Mayfield Township Historical Society has been able to gather information on the burials in the Cemetery by the grave markers and family members. Mayfield Township Historical Society’s genealogical library now has these records. The Library is located in the Bennett Van-Curen Historical Museum 606 S.O.M. Center Road, Mayfield Village Ohio 44143, 440.461.0055.