Records Commission: July 12th 2017
Records Commission Meeting
Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 12:00 p.m.
Mayfield Village Civic Center
Attending: Jean Vitek, Marjorie Comella, Patsy Mills, Mayor Bodnar, Cheryl Garinger, Laurie Hughes, Mark Guidetti, Suzanne McCann, Maura McKinley, Donna Heath and Mary Beth Betsa
Introduction: Jean called the meeting to order at approximately 12:35 p.m.
Approval of Minutes – April 26, 2017
- Jean Vitek, seconded by Mark Guidetti, moved to approve the Minutes of the Meeting of April 26, 2017. There was no opposition.
Off-site Storage Update
- Laurie said that 20 boxes were sent off-site. She will be working on the destruction schedule.
Public Records Requests
- Mr. Guidetti reported that there have been a fair share of requests. They have been processed in a timely manner like usual
Shred Day – May 13, 2017
This event was successful once again. The Commission asked Mary Beth to check and see if this event can be scheduled on May 19, 2018. Mary Beth will check and report back at the next meeting.
House Bill 9 Training
- Mary Beth said that the training on May 26 held in Reserve Hall was successful. The Commission asked that this event be scheduled again next year. Mary Beth will check with the Auditor of State’s office and report back.
- Mary Beth said that Councilman Marrie will be preparing a letter designating her as his representative to attend House Bill 9 Training. Mary Beth will report at the next meeting.
- On September 21st, Mark Altier, Chief Legal Counsel for the Auditor of State’s office, will be presenting in Reserve Hall on Robert’s Rules and Running an Effective Meeting. Please let Mary Beth know if you wish to attend.
The meeting concluded at 12:50 p.m.