Records: April 26th 2017
Records Commission Meeting
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Mayfield Village Civic Center
Attending: Mary Beth Betsa, Mayor Bodnar, Marjorie Comella, Cheryl Garinger, Mark Guidetti, Laurie Hughes, Susan Jerome, Suzanne McCann, Maura McKinley, Patsy Mills, Jean Vitek and Danielle Echt.
Introduction: Jean nominated Marge as Chairperson. Mark seconded. All in attendance agreed. Patsy nominated Jean for Vice Chairperson. Mark seconded. All in attendance agreed. Marge called the meeting to order at approximately 12:32 p.m. Jean made a motion to accept the October 12, 2016 Minutes as written. Mark seconded. All in attendance approved.
Revisions to Records Retention Schedules
- Mary Beth reported that the Ohio Historical Society misplaced our latest retention schedules so Mary Beth will resubmit after Marge signs off on them.
Off-site Storage Update
- Laurie said the company has changed names again and is now called File Bridge. She is working on learning their new system.
Public Records Policy Revisions
- Mark said there was some discussion on destruction of police department video and the retention of the date but everything is okay and there were no changes.
Records Disposition Forms
- Mary Beth said that there was no report.
- Mark said there is nothing new. He added that the new mediation procedure with Ohio Claims and cases is a helpful process and seems to be working well.
Public Records Request
- Mark said the Police Department always gets requests and they all have been handled.
- Mary Beth said there was a request in the Building Department. Mark indicated that it has been handled.
Shred Day-May 13, 9:00 a.m. – Noon
- Mary Beth said everything is set.
- Maura, Susan, Laurie and Patsy will coordinate the event that day.
- Mary Beth added that gloves will be provided.
- Jean asked if books could be shredded. The committee members weren’t sure but they agreed that hard back books probably wouldn’t be able to be shredded.
House Bill 9 Training-May 26, 2016, 10:00 a.m.- 1:15 p.m.
- Mary Beth asked committee members to let her know if they plan on attending and she will register them. Mark said that it is good practice to attend each year. Cheryl reminded everyone that it can be taken online as well.
- Mary Beth said that she is still looking into electronic storage. She said that Assure Vault seems to be a popular choice among other communities.
- Mary Beth reported that Ron approved for disposal of an outdated copy machine
- There will be a training on Robert’s Rules in September. Mary Beth said she will distribute information to the committee once she has it.
- The meeting concluded at 12:50 p.m.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 12:00 p.m. at Wiley Park
(if weather is not cooperative, then it will be at the Civic Center)