Records - March 5th 2014
Records Commission Meeting
Wednesday, March 5, 2014 - 12:00 p.m.
Mayfield Village Civic Center
Attending: Mary Beth Betsa, Diane Calta, Debbie Garbo, Donna Heath, Susan Jerome, Maura McKinley, Patsy Mills, Janice Reale, Jean Vitek and Danielle Echt.
Introduction: The meeting was called to order at approximately 12:37 p.m. Mary Beth nominated Jean to chair the committee. Donna seconded. All members in attendance agreed and Jean accepted. Jean asked for approval of the November 20, 2013 Minutes. Susan made a motion to approve them and Janice seconded. All in attendance approved.
Revisions to Records Retention Schedules
- Mary Beth reported that revisions are being adjusted and will be given to everyone for their review in April.
Off-site Storage Update
- Janice said she will be calling Cintas for a pick-up in the next few weeks. She said that the Recreation Department has approximately 20 boxes for pickup. Janice asked all departments to let her know if they have any boxes that they want stored off-site. They would have to notify her so she knows how many boxes will be picked up. All boxes should be brought to the Civic Center after they are barcoded and recorded. The list needs to have barcode number, date sent and date to be destroyed.
- Mary Beth added that at first the Finance Department was the only department thus far to utilize off-site storage to ensure it worked well. She said they have had a few cases where they have asked Cintas for retrieval of the boxes and they are very quick with the request.
- A discussion ensued about how long the contract is good for with Cintas and Diane said she believe it was automatically renewed. Diane said the Village could get out of the contract if needed.
- Patsy asked if the Finance Department is satisfied with the service. Janice said yes. She also added that one person needs to be in charge of the information and coordinating with Cintas. Diane agreed. Jean asked who that person is. Janice said it is currently herself but it will probably be Laurie who is her replacement when she retires in April. Mary Beth thanked Janice for coordinating it thus far.
- Susan reminded the committee that there are still boxes at the Service Department that need to be looked at.
- Saturday, May 17, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Mary Beth said it will be listed in the VOV and will also be on the website.
- Janice reminded everyone to make sure the parking lot has cones to be certain of the traffic pattern.
Public Records Policy Revisions
- Diane reported that there were none.
Status of Public Records Requests
- Diane said there were none other than a few routine requests at the Police Department.
- Diane reported there was a case that went through the Supreme Court in February involving South Euclid. Basically there was a breakdown of communication among personnel so they did not get the requested information out in a timely matter. South Euclid got the information together and gave it to the requestor quickly after receiving notification. By the time it got to court it was a moot point because the requestor received the information. They also asked to receive attorney fees. The request was denied.
- Mary Beth said there are a few seminars coming up at the Civic Center. There is one March 27 with Sue Caves from the Ohio Municipal League. She said it is for legislative updates and open to all. House Bill 9 training is May 23 with the Auditor of State of Ohio in Reserve Hall
- The meeting concluded at 1:02 p.m.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 12:00 p.m. Civic Center
Danielle M. Echt