Rec Board: March 15th 2017
Mayfield Village Parks and Recreation Board Meeting
Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
Mayfield Village Civic Center
Present: Pat Andrzejczyk, Sara Calo, Patti Fioritto, Dave Perout, Kate Sullivan
Also Present: Garry Regan, Shane McAvinew and Danielle Echt
Absent: Aaron Caunter, Stivo DiFranco, Steve Jerome, Peggy Kerver, Troy Koch, Shelly Kovacevic, Derek McDowell, Peggy Kerver, Mary Murphy, Pam Schutt, Lori Sperling, Meg Stifler
Introduction: Kate called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m. Patti made a motion to approve the February 15, 2017 Minutes as written and Pat seconded. All committee members agreed. Sara said she was supposed to be sworn into the committee at the meeting. Danielle apologized and said that she did not have the oath, and she would remind Mary Beth for the April meeting.
The Grove Update
- Garry said the Village was awarded a $50,000 grant for The Grove’s band shell. This is phase I and includes the shell and basic house lighting. Phase II will be storage and green room areas; Mayfield Village will apply for funding in 2018.
- Garry reported that we are also submitting an application for Ohio Arts Council ArtSTART grant for 2017 programming/offset to Village funding.
- There will be 20 evenings of Grove events June 30 – August 26. Garry gave an overview of the scheduled shows.
Senior Program Updates
- The next Community Partnership on Aging Lunch n’ Movie will be Wednesday, April 12. The cost is $5 and reservations must be made by the week before by calling CPA.
- The April foot clinics will be on the 14th and 28th at the Civic Center. The cost is $20.
- The April Lunch & Movie at Governor’s Village is on Wednesday, April 19. The menu is spring chicken and the movie is “Of Mice and Men.” The cost is $5 and reservations must be made by the week before by calling Senior Services.
- The April trip is to Clementine’s Tea Room on April 12. This trip is sold out.
- There will be a special program regarding NOPEC on Wednesday, March 29 at 1 p.m. at the Community Room.
- There will be a special program offered by CVS about hearing on April 7 at the Civic Center.
- New series of cooking/baking classes, watercolor, Spanish lessons, knitting/ crocheting, bereavement, and one-stroke painting are underway. A new Matter of Balance class will begin April 19. There is room for two more students in this free class sponsored by Fairhill Partners.
Easter Party Planning/Discussion (Saturday, April 8, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m., Community Room)
- Danielle reported that everything is going well for the planning of the party. She said that she and Meg have been communicating and everything should be all set.
- Shane said that Mayfield Village Recreation Department’s Facebook page is up and running. He and the department are currently working getting online registration up and running. Shane also reported that he is working on getting updated information onto the website along with the help of Jeff Thomas.
- Shane reported that the Intergenerational Park is still in the planning stages. At this time it is planned to have the volleyball courts at the soccer field area and tennis and bocce by the softball fields. Shane said that he hopes to include lighting for the facilities in the budget.
- Shane reminded the committee members that the door is always open if anyone wants to stop in, call or email.
- The pool heater project is going well and nearing completion
Next Meeting: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 7:00 p.m. at the Civic Center