Rec Board - March 18th 2015
Mayfield Village Parks and Recreation Board Meeting
Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 7:00 p.m.
Mayfield Village Civic Center
Attending: Pat Andrzejczyk, Mary Murphy, Meg Stifler, Kate Sullivan, Bill Thomas and Danielle Echt.
Introduction: Kate called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m. She asked for approval of the approval of the February 18, 2015 Minutes. Pat made a motion and Meg seconded. All in attendance approved.
Senior Program Updates
- The next Lunch n’ Movie is April 8. The movie is “The Judge”, and reservations are due by April 1st. The menu is Baked Potato Soup. The cost is $5 per person for lunch.
- Foot Clinics will be held April 17 from 9-11 a.m. and April 24 from 1-3 p.m. The cost is $20.
- Volunteers from AARP will be doing taxes for Mayfield Village seniors on April 6. We are completely booked, but residents can contact Highland Heights, Lyndhurst, Mayfield Heights and South Euclid to make appointments for other dates.
- The next trip will be April 15 to Miss Molly’s Tea Room. It is sold out.
- Meg asked if the programs are for Mayfield Village residents only. Bill said that a few of the parties are just for residents and Danielle added that most programs are open to all.
Easter Party Update (Saturday, March 21, 1:30 – 3:00 p.m., Community Room)
- Committee members are asked to help decorate the room on Friday, March 20 around 4:00 p.m. Danielle will send out an email. She also noted that four Middle School students and an advisor will help with decorating and the actual party. Meg said the students can arrive around 2:00 p.m. for the party and stay through cleanup.
- Danielle and Meg said that the supplies and everything are set.
- Mary asked if the party could be advertised on the marquee. Danielle said it probably could as long as there was not a lot of other information on it and she would ask Debbie to put it on.
Debbie Hudacko Scholarship Interviews (Wednesday, April 15, 7:00 p.m.)
- Bill said there were a lot of applicants but many did not qualify because they lived out of Mayfield Village. Danielle said there are 7 qualified applicants. She said that she emailed the rest of the Recreation Board members to see if anyone besides Kate wanted to do the interviews and nobody was interested. Mary said she would help out and she said she would ask Lori. Danielle said she would email Lori too.
- Danielle volunteered to email Cindy from St. Francis to see which of their students would receive the annual $500 scholarship.
- Bill said there will be a lot of updates at Parkview Pool for this season.
- Meg said it would be nice to have copies of the Wildcat Sport & Fitness section from the Mayfield Village Spring/Summer Parks and Recreation Brochure available at the front desk. Bill said he would look into it.
- Meg reported that there was some sort of track group on the indoor track on Tuesday while she was working at Wildcat Sport & Fitness. She said it was crowded and the group was weaving in and out of walkers. Bill said he would check it out because he didn’t think anyone was scheduled to use the track.
- Bill passed out a sheet for the City of Gahanna regarding their pavilion rentals (see attached). He asked everyone to look it over and think about adjusting fees for future seasons. He said we are all set for this year’s rentals.
- Bill reported that Mayfield Village has hired a professional marketing company for The Grove. Bill said they will work on more infrastructure related things in the future such as seating and the shell. Pat said they will have portable lighting this year.
- Bill said he would like to see volleyball and bocce courts added by the softball fields next year. Bill said that construction on the bathrooms along with a small shelter and storage area should all be started this year.
- Bill said that the school is letting us give them a hard copy of short newsletter every three months. He said each community can contribute information on this one flyer we put together. Hard copies of flyers have not been allowed in the schools for a few years so getting this newsletter out is helpful.
- Meg asked if the pool is closing on a Friday, August 14. Bill said yes. He said Parkview Pool staff can work at Highland Heights if they stay open. Bill said that Labor Day is late this year so most pools will be closed before that.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, April 8, 7:00 p.m. at the Civic Center
Danielle M. Echt