Rec Board - April 8th 2015
Mayfield Village Parks and Recreation Board Meeting
Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 7:00 p.m.
Mayfield Village Civic Center
Attending: Pat Andrzejczyk, Troy Koch, Tom Marrie, Mary Murphy, Dave Perout, Lori Sperling, Meg Stifler, Kate Sullivan, Bill Thomas and Danielle Echt.
Introduction: Meg called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. She asked for approval of the approval of the March 18, 2015 Minutes. Kate made a motion and Mary seconded. All in attendance approved. Volunteer sign-up sheets for special events were circulated.
Senior Program Updates
- The Anniversary Party for Village seniors ages 60+ is Friday, May 1st from 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- The next Lunch n’ Movie is May 13. The movie is “The Theory of Everything” and reservations are due to the Community Partnership on Aging by May 6. The menu is Rainbow Chicken Salad.
- Foot Clinics will be held May 8 and May 22 from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- The next trip will be April 15 to Miss Molly’s Tea Room. It is sold out.
- There are still openings for the trip to tour the State House with State Representative Marlene Anielski on May 8. Ten more people need to register for the trip for it to go forward.
- An AARP Safe Driving Class will be held Wednesday June 24 from 12:00 - 4:30 p.m. at the Civic Center.
Easter Party Discussion
- Meg reported that everything went really well. She said that she and Kate along with a Mayfield Middle School Student Council advisor, Sandra Bean, and four students helped decorate on Friday. Sandra and the students were there for the party also. The Rec Board members also volunteered for the party so things went well.
- Meg said that she was disappointed that Rick Smith Junior wasn’t there. Danielle agreed and said she found out the week of the party that he needed to send someone in his place. Danielle said when he was originally booked, he knew he had another event that night but he still confirmed that he could work for Mayfield Village. Kate mentioned that Luke Kerver knows magic and might be interested in doing the show. The committee members thought it would be nice to have Luke perform. Danielle said she would contact Peggy Kerver after the meeting to see if it is something Luke would want to do.
- Danielle asked how the balloon twister was since it was the first time Mayfield Village used him. The committee members liked his work and said he had a long line of kids waiting for a balloon. Danielle said that seems to be an issue with every balloon twister at any event. Lori suggested two balloon twisters next year.
- The committee members said the Easter Bunny did a great job again this year and would like to thank her for volunteering again.
- Danielle said that it looked like 85 kids attended the party and Bill said there was a good crowd with parents included. Danielle asked if everything was okay with the quantity of the donuts and juice. The committee members said yes, she thought everything was fine.
Debbie Hudacko Scholarship Interviews
- Seven qualified applicants will be interviewed by Mary, Kate and Lori on Wednesday, April 15.
- Bill said that there will be a pickleball tournament at Wildcat Sport & Fitness this fall.
- Bill reported that Council approved Chemtrols, a new rain drop, tumblebuckets and turtle for Parkview Pool this year.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, September 16, 7:00 p.m. at the Civic Center