Community Room Survey Results
1,431 surveys were mailed and 45 were returned by the Post Office as undeliverable for a total of 1,386 surveys mailed. We received 311 responses—a 22% return.
- 193 or 62% responded that they have attended an event at the Community Room in the past 12 months for these types of events:
- Party (118 or 38%)
- Meeting (76 or 25%)
- Class/Program (35 or 11%)
- Other (57 or 18%)
- 35 or 11% responded that they have rented the Community Room in the past 12 months.
- 7 or <1% responded that they sponsored a non-resident.
- 177 or 57% responded that the facility needs to be upgraded.
- 72 or 23% responded that the facility should just be kept in good repair.
- 35 or 11% responded that the facility should be removed.
- ?79 or 25 % responded that the Community Room should be larger
- 2 or <1% responded the Community Room should be smaller
- 150 or 48% like the current size.
- 142 or 46% would like to see improvements to the existing building, such as updated carpeting and wallpaper and improved exterior façade and landscaping.
- 64 or 21% would like the Community Room to be razed and rebuilt at the current location.
- 63 or 20% would like the Community Room to be razed and rebuilt in another location .
- 45 or 14% would remove the building to expand the park area at the center of town .
- 7 or <1% would replace the Community Room with another facility at the that location.
- 30 or 10% responded that the Civic Center site (across the street) would be a good alternate location.
- 55 or 18% responded that near the pool would be a good alternate location.
Click the attachments below to view: